Call for 2017 ITD Theme
Let’s tell the world about what we do
International Translators’ Day is just one of the important ways FIT reaches out to the public. The theme for 2016, Translation and Interpreting: Connecting Worlds is perfectly captured in Micaela Karaman’s stylish poster of CTPCBA, in the tradition of world renowned Argentinean flair.
ITD is the one day of year when we tell the world about what we do and why is it important. The last four themes are:
- 2012: Translation as Intercultural Communication
- 2013: Beyond Linguistic Barriers
- 2014: Language Rights: Essential to All Human Rights
- 2015: The changing face of translation and interpreting
2017 is a Congress year. As you know the theme for the XXI World Congress in Brisbane is Disruption and Diversification. What message should ITD promote to the world in 2017? Here are some more ideas:
- The Role of Translation and Interpreting in Language Development
- Translation and the Survival of Minority Cultures
- Translation and Localization – A Driving Force for Globalization
Please share your ideas with us. Submit them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Entries should include the proposed theme along with an explanation of the motivation behind the theme and what it aims to highlight (in no more than 300 words).
Deadline: 30 September 2016