- Permanent tasks
(These are to be seen as a description of the continuous tasks that the task force was formed to carry out. Hence there is no timeline and no completion point, only a start-up indication.)
Assist the editor with the production of the journal in order to ensure the publication on a regular and reliable basis:
- Prepare submitted papers for anonymous double blind peer review by members of the Editorial Board and External Experts;
- Prepare the content of special sections such as THE LIFE OF FIT and BOOK REVIEWS;
- Offer limited (basic) linguistic assistance for papers which are not written in the mother tongue: revision of the abstract and general advice to author(s) to improve the language quality of the article;
- Assist in formatting selected papers in accordance with John Benjamins’ guidelines.
(These are extras that the taskforce members see as essential for the future. Our goal is to complete the website and the examination by the beginning of 2017 and the instruction manual by the end of the current mandate period as support for new members.)
- Enhance journal visibility
- Create bilingual (EN-FR) Babel pages on the FIT website.
- Examine the potential of social media (facebook, renren, twitter …) in order to establish closer contact with Babel’s current and future readership.
- Prepare an instruction manual for the administration and production of Babel as support for future editors, administrators and members of the Task Force and the Editorial Board.