FIT is a federation of national associations, not of individuals. All translators, interpreters or terminologists interested in our activities are invited to join their national association or any other association affiliated to FIT.
Can my association join FIT?
The FIT family of translators' associations and institutions is always happy to welcome new members to its fold.
Your association can join FIT as regular member when its members are individual professional translators, interpreters or terminologists. This excludes organizations having students and corporations as regular members. If you are not yet convinced of the advantages of being a FIT member, you can join for two years as an observer without voting rights. Universities and other training institutes are welcome as associate members, also without voting rights. You will find more details on FIT membership in the menu About us. Please also refer to the Bylaws and Rules of Procedure on this website.
How much does it cost?
FIT annual fees for 2015:
- Regular members: 2.95 Swiss Francs per capita. (Your association must have at least 20 members, so the minimum contribution is 59 Swiss Francs). The maximum annual contribution is limited to 4,500 Swiss Francs.
- Associate members: 415 Swiss Francs
- Observer members: 118 Swiss Francs
FIT annual fees from January 2016:
- Regular members: 3.10 Swiss Francs per capita. (Your association must have at least 20 members, so the minimum contribution is 62 Swiss Francs). The maximum annual contribution is limited to 4,500 Swiss Francs.
- Associate members: 435 Swiss Francs
- Observer members: 124 Swiss Francs
What is the procedure for becoming a member?
Your application will be submitted to the FIT Council who can admit you as a candidate member up until the next Statutory Congress, where your membership must be approved. Even as a candidate member, your association will appear immediately on the FIT website and you will have full membership rights, except for the voting right.