Most translator associations in FIT publish online directories of their members. To make it easier for you to find the right translator in Europe, FIT Europe compiled a list of online directories of all European professional translator associations belonging to FIT.
But we urge you to consult the booklets below, too. They are full of hands-on advice that will help you get the language services you need a translation (written) and interpreting (spoken).
The Getting it Right Guide: A buyers guide to sourcing and using translation services.
Interpreting: Getting It Right
Many buyers aren't even sure they need a professional interpreter, especially if they know someone who seems to be bilingual and is willing to help out.
Red alert: working with amateurs or no interpreter at all can lead to serious risks for you and your business. Interpreting, Getting it Right is a brochure that explains the where, why, and how of purchasing professional interpreting services a quick read offering practical, hands-on information for language service consumers.
Translation: Getting It Right
There are hundreds of ways a translation project can go off track ridiculous deadlines, misapplied machine translation, poor project management, unqualified suppliers, and much more. If you're a first-time buyer, you are often flying blind.
Translation, Getting it Right is a handy brochure full of concrete tips to help you get the most out of your budget and get a translation that works. It's available in a number of languages. Check out the links below!
The booklet in your language?
- English U.S.: Translation: Getting It Right
- English U.K.: Translation - getting it right
- Brazilian Portuguese: Tradução: Faça a escolha certa
- Catalan: Traduccions Fem-les bé
- Dutch: Vertalen - een kwestie van kwaliteit!
- French: Traduction - faire les bons choix
- German: Übersetzung - keine Glückssache
- Greek: Μετάφραση - Κάντε το σωστά
- Icelandic: Þýðingar – góðar og gildar
- Italian: Traduzione - Come ottenere il prodotto giusto!
- Japanese: 翻訳で失敗しないために ～ 翻訳発注の手引き
- Russian: Что нужно знать о письменном переводе Памятка заказчику
- Slovenian: Prevajanje ključ do pravilnega razumevanja
- Spanish: Todo lo que siempre quiso saber sobre la traducción, Todo lo que siempre quiso saber sobre la interpretación