One of the most important and widely recognized functions FIT fulfils for its member associations is the awarding of FIT prizes and awards at FIT World Congresses. Being selected by an international jury to receive a FIT prize or award signifies recognition of the ‘best of the best’ by one’s peers around the globe. Please take this opportunity to nominate outstanding colleagues for the FIT prizes as recognition of them as individuals to demonstrate the work and accomplishments of your association’s members. Associations are entitled to nominate one candidate per prize. All FIT member associations are encouraged to submit nominations.
- FIT Prizes and Award 2021: Nomination Form
Click here to access the nomination forms.The submission for nominations ...
- Albin Tybulewicz Prize
Albin Tybulewicz Prize for Professional Solidarity in the Translation and Interpreting Community.
- Marion Boers Prize
Marion Boers Prize for Translation of Work of Fiction or Non-Fiction by an Author from a SADC Member State.
- Pierre-François Caillé Medal
2014 winner: Bente Christensen
- Astrid Lindgren Prize
2017 winner: Francesca Novajra
- Aurora Borealis Prize for Outstanding Translation of Fiction Literature
2017 winner: Dr. Martin Pollack
- Aurora Borealis Prize for Outstanding Translation of Non-Fiction Literature
2017 winner: Kevin McNeil Windle
- Karel Čapek Medal for Translation from a Language of Limited Diffusion
2017 winner: György Buda
- FIT Prize for Excellence in Scientific and Technical Translation
2017 winner: Associate Professor RNDr. Juraj Sebesta, PhD.
- FIT Prize for Interpreting Excellence
2017 winner: Zoi Resta
- FIT Prize for Best Periodical
2017 winner: the ATA Chronicle, published by the American Translators Association
- FIT Prize for Best Website
2017 winner: www.bdue.de, Bundersverband der Dolmetscher und Übersetzer (Germany)