The supreme governing body of FIT is the Statutory Congress. The Congress is composed of delegates from regular members. The Congress meets every three years at a place and approximate date determined by the preceding Congress.
The Statutory Congress is followed by a World Congress of translators and interpreters.
The next Statutory Congress and World Congress will be held in
2020 in Varadero, Cuba. Statutory Congress will be held on 1 and 2 December 2020, while the FIT World Congress will be from 3 to 5 December 2020.
A link to the World Congress website will be added here once it is available.
- 2017: Brisbane, Australia
- 2014: Berlin, Germany
- 2011: San Francisco, USA
- 2008: Shanghai, China
- 2005: Tampere, Finland
- 2002: Vancouver, Canada
- 1999: Mons, Belgium
- 1996: Melbourne, Australia
- 1993: Brighton, United Kingdom
- 1990: Belgrade, Yugoslavia
- 1987: Maastricht, The Netherlands
- 1984: Vienna, Austria
- 1981: Warsaw, Poland
- 1977: Montreal, Canada
- 1974: Nice, France
- 1970: Stuttgart, Federal Republic of Germany
- 1966: Lahti, Finland
- 1963: Dubrovnik, Yugoslavia
- 1959: Bad Godesberg, Federal Republic of Germany
- 1956: Rome, Italy
- 1954: Paris, France