General meeting and new steering committee
At the last FIT Europe General Meeting in Bucharest in November 2011, a new steering committee was elected and the working plan for the next year defined.
- Set up a Working Group on CAT Tools Development
- Continue FIT Europe's interest in the EU project Optimale and the European Masters in Translation
- Maintain dialogue and pursue certain joint efforts with the European Association of Translation Companies EUATC
- Maintain interest in the European Voluntary Certification Scheme project
- On the PR side, look into the options for monitoring future projects and directives in the EU. A short description of what is Monitoring and why it is a useful action for all translators can be read here.
- Look into finance and funding issues, look at project-driven funding with clear budget requirements, and approach FIT for support.
- Disseminate information on the 'interpreter situation' in Europe
- Pursue initiatives do discuss translation contracts (abuse / viability etc.) with DGT.
Below the project descriptions and current status: