2018 INTERNATIONAL TRANSLATION DAY POSTER COMPETITION
Translation: promoting cultural heritage in changing times
Entries must be submitted by 31 May 2018
The International Federation of Translators (FIT) is launching a poster competition to promote the International Translation Day (ITD), which is celebrated annually on 30 September. The competition is open to professional designers from around the world, through FIT member associations, who are interested in submitting posters that promote ITD.
FIT's mission is to promote and be the voice of interpreters, translators and terminologists. This competition is one means of accomplishing our mission. The winning poster will be made freely available via the website and member associations and others can then print it out and use it for their ITD events. The copyright will belong to FIT.
Any professional designer—whether related to FIT or not—may participate in the competition.
Entries must be submitted by 31 May 2018 to the FIT Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The FIT Council will vote on the best submission. The winner will be notified directly, and the result published no later than 15 June 2018.
SPECIFICATIONS FOR THE POSTER
- The motif must be linked to the ITD theme, Translation: promoting cultural heritage in changing times.
- The ITD theme must be included, either in English and French, or with the option of combining one of the two FIT official languages with one or several local languages.
- The FIT logo as well as a copyright indication must be included. The FIT logo to be used for the poster can be downloaded below.
- The poster must be submitted as a high-resolution pdf file that can be published online or printed, as well as in jpg format at 300 dpi and 100 dpi. The dimensions must be suitable for printing in A2 or A3 format.
- The poster must be localisable, i.e. it must either include no text that requires translation or must have all fonts embedded in the file so that the text can be changed as required. This is so that associations can produce the poster with a local language, if desired.
- Designs must accommodate two languages.
- Designs from preceding years can be found online at www.fit-ift.org.
The poster competition winner will receive the FIT ITD Prize, which will be a cash amount of CHF 500 together with a certificate and/or plaque. The winner will be listed in the ITD section of the FIT website.