2019 International Translation Day: Translation and Indigenous Languages
ITD Poster Competition
Entries must be submitted by 5 April 2019
The International Federation of Translators (FIT) proudly announces its annual poster competition commemorating International Translation Day (ITD) each 30 September. Professional designers from around the world, through FIT member associations, are invited to submit poster designs to celebrate ITD.
To mark 2019 the UN International Year of Indigenous Languages, this year’s theme is Translation and Indigenous Languages.
This competition is one means of accomplishing our mission, to promote and be the voice of interpreters, translators and terminologists. The winning poster will be made available via the website and member associations and others can then print it out and use it for their ITD events. (The copyright will belong to FIT.)
The competition is open to any professional designer—whether related to FIT or not— who conceives of a design to pay tribute to the role of translation and interpreting in indigenous languages.
Entries must be submitted by 5 April 2019 to the FIT Secretariat (email@example.com). FIT Council will vote on the best submission and the winner will be notified directly, with the result published no later than 1 May 2019.
- The motif must be linked to the ITD theme, Translation and Indigenous Languages.
- The ITD theme must be included, in English and French, or with the option of combining the two FIT official languages with one or several local or indigenous languages.
- The FIT logo as well as a copyright indication must be included. The FIT logo to be used for the poster can be downloaded below.
- The poster must be submitted as a high-resolution pdf file that can be published online or printed, as well as in jpg format at 300 dpi and 100 dpi. The dimensions must be suitable for printing in A2 or A3 format.
- The poster must be localisable, i.e. it must either include no text that requires translation or must have all fonts embedded in the file so that the text can be changed as required. This is so that associations can produce the poster with a local language, if desired.
- Designs must accommodate two languages.
- Designs from preceding years can be found online at www.fit-ift.org.
The poster competition winner will receive the FIT ITD Prize, which will be a cash amount of CHF 500 together with a commemorative certificate. The winner will be listed in the ITD section of the FIT website.