International Translation Day 2021: United in translation
The International Federation of Translators (FIT) proudly announces its annual poster competition commemorating International Translation Day (ITD) each 30 September.
Through FIT member associations, professional designers from around the world are invited to submit poster designs to celebrate ITD. After more than a year of Covid-19 keeping us apart, this year’s theme is “United in translation”.
This poster competition is one means of accomplishing our mission, to promote and be the voice of translators, terminologists and interpreters around the world. The winning poster will be made available via the website and member associations can then print it out and use it for their ITD events, while the copyright will belong to FIT.
The competition is open to any professional designer — whether in any way related to FIT or not — who conceives of a design to pay tribute to the role of our profession in uniting the world and ensuring the flow of information even when physical contacts have been restricted.
- The poster must be suitable for use around the world and the motif must symbolise the theme United in translation.
- The poster must include the FIT logo that can be downloaded from the FIT website.
- The poster must include copyright indication [©2021 International Federation of Translators. All rights reserved. | Fédération Internationale des Traducteurs. Tous droits réservés.] and the theme [United in translation | Unis dans la traduction] both in English and French, the two FIT official languages.
- In addition, a secondary version with the theme in English and/or French + one or several unspecified local languages to be added by users around the world can be submitted.
- All fonts must be embedded in the file so that local language versions can be produced.
- The poster should include no other text.
- The poster must be suitable for online use as well as printed in up to A2 format. The winner will also be asked to provide a banner design with the same motif to be used on web pages, email signatures etc.
- The poster must be submitted via the form found on the FIT website using formats required by the form. No email submissions will be accepted.
The FIT ITD Prize consists of CHF 500 together with a commemorative certificate.
The winner will be listed in the ITD section of the FIT website and FIT will produce a press release on the winning entry and the designer. The design will be used in FIT correspondence and social media, and all FIT member organisations are encouraged to use the design in conjunction with their ITD events.
Entries must be submitted by 30 June 2020 via the online form.
FIT Council will vote on the best submission and the winner will be notified directly, with the result published on 31 July 2021.