2020 International Translation Day: Finding the words for a world in crisis
ITD Poster Competition
The International Federation of Translators (FIT) proudly announces its annual poster competition commemorating International Translation Day (ITD) each 30 September.
Through FIT member associations, professional designers from around the world are invited to submit poster designs to celebrate ITD. This year’s theme is
”Finding the words for a world in crisis”
to highlight the importance of translators, terminologists and interpreters and their quality work in the midst of the global Corona virus crisis helping the flow of vital information both on global and local scale.
This poster competition is one means of accomplishing our mission, to promote and be the voice of translators, terminologists and interpreters. The winning poster will be made available via the website and member associations can then print it out and use it for their ITD events, while the copyright will belong to FIT.
The competition is open to any professional designer — whether in any way related to FIT or not — who conceives of a design to pay tribute to the role of our professions in fighting the pandemic and ensuring the flow of information between different stakeholders on different levels of local and global communities.
- The motif must symbolise the ITD theme, ”Finding the words for a world in crisis”.
- The ITD theme must be included both in English and French, or with the option of combining the two FIT official languages with one or several local languages.
- The FIT logo as well as a copyright indication must be included. The FIT logo can be downloaded from the FIT website.
- The poster must be submitted as a high-resolution pdf file that can be published online or printed in up to A2 format, as well as in jpg format at 300 dpi and 100 dpi.
- The poster must be suitable for use around the world and localisable, i.e. it must include no other text than the theme and must have all fonts embedded in the file so that local language versions can be printed.
The FIT ITD Prize consists of CHF 500 together with a commemorative certificate.
The winner will be listed in the ITD section of the FIT website and FIT will produce a press release on the winning entry and the designer. The design will be used in FIT correspondence and social media, and all FIT member organisations are encouraged to use the design in conjunction with their ITD events.
Entries must be submitted by 15 July 2020 to the FIT Secretariat (email@example.com). FIT Council will vote on the best submission and the winner will be notified directly, with the result published on 31 July 2020.